Subaru slashes price of Impreza, XV and Forester
Subaru Australia has announced it will slash the price of Impreza, XV and Forester from January 16 by up to $1000.
FOLLOWING THE PRICE reductions on the recently launched Subaru Outback and Liberty, Subaru has announced it will, from January 16, slash the price of Impreza, Forester and XV by up to $1000, pending finalisation of the Free Trader Agreement with Japan.
However, to keep buyers from putting off new vehicle purchases, Subaru says its New Year Sale campaign will run from now until January 16 and will see “every Forester, Impreza and XV currently in dealer stock will also be effectively reduced in price to reflect the new MLPs, thanks to the financial support of Subaru Australia,” Subaru said in a statement.
“From January 16, Manufacturer’s List Prices (MLP)* for the multi award-winning Subaru Forester range will reduce by $1000 for every variant, while each XV will be $750 less and every Impreza $500 less.”
Nick Senior, Managing Director, Subaru Australia, said: “This latest development will complete a strategy that we began in March, with the introduction of new generation WRX at an MLP of $38,990 – less than when the original launched 20 years ago, yet packed with specification and features.
“That continued with new WRX STI in April, from $10,000 less than the superseded car, while BRZ added specification at no extra cost, including suspension refinements, sharkfin antenna and carbon fibre-type dashboard treatment.
“Perhaps our biggest statement came last month when new Liberty launched at up to 25 per cent less than the outgoing model, and Outback at up to 17 per cent less.
“This has been a very carefully thought-out long-term strategy to ensure the optimum result for our customers.”
Senior said Subaru’s status as the only mainstream brand to import all vehicles in its range from Japan had ensured it could realign pricing across its entire range.
Forester pricing from January 16:
- 2.0i Manual $28,990 (+ORC);
- 2.5i Auto $31,990 (+ORC);
- 2.0i-L Manual $32,490 (+ORC);
- 2.5i-L Auto $34,990 (+ORC);
- 2.5i-S Auto $42,990 (+ORC);
- 2.0D Manual $34,490 (+ORC);
- 2.0D-L Manual $36,490 (+ORC);
- 2.0D-S Manual $42,990 (+ORC);
- 2.0XT Auto $42,990 (+ORC); and
- 2.0XT Premium Auto $49,490 (+ORC).
Impreza pricing from January 16:
- 2.0i Sedan Manual $23,490 (recommended drive away);
- 2.0i Hatch Manual $23,490 (recommended drive away);
- 2.0i Sedan Auto $25,490 (recommended drive away);
- 2.0i Hatch Auto $25,490 (recommended drive away);
- 2.0i-L Sedan Manual $24,800 (+ORC);
- 2.0i-L Hatch Manual $24,800 (+ORC);
- 2.0i-L Sedan Auto $26,800 (+ORC);
- 2.0i-L Hatch Auto $26,800 (+ORC);
- 2.0i-S Sedan Auto $30,490 (+ORC); and
- 2.0i-S Hatch Auto $30,490 (+ORC).
The Recommended Driveaway Price includes the vehicle price, 12 months private registration, stamp duty, CTP insurance cost estimate (based on private purchaser with good driving record) and a recommended charge for dealer delivery.
XV pricing from January 16:
- 2.0i Manual $27,740 (+ORC);
- 2.0i Auto $30,240 (+ORC);
- 2.0i-L Manual $31,240 (+ORC);
- 2.0i-L Auto $33,740 (+ORC);
- 2.0i-S Manual $33,740 (+ORC); and
- 2.0i-S Auto $36,240 (+ORC).