Craig Lowndes SS V Special Edition Commodore – full details
Holden has released full details of its Craig Lowndes SS V Special Edition Commodore with pricing from $57,990 (+ORC).
HOLDEN RELEASED minor details about its limited-edition Craig Lowndes SS V Special Edition Commodore in September, and has now revealed the car in full. Just 233 units are available and Holden says around 50% of them already have names against them – customer deliveries are expected to begin at the end of this month.
The Craig Lowndes SS V Special Edition Commodore is priced from $57,990 (+ORC) for the manual and from $60,190 (+ORC) for the automatic model.
Intended to celebrate Lowndes’ 20th anniversary in Australian motorsport and V8 Supercars, Holden’s Director of Sales, said “After 20 years of Craig Lowndes breaking records and claiming victories – and with so many of those moments coming behind the wheel of a Commodore – it’s only fitting that Holden honours that relationship with the Craig Lowndes SS V Special Edition Commodore”.
“This race-inspired Craig Lowndes SS V Special Edition Commodore has been created by our talented Holden engineers and designers with Craig’s input and approval. It is a rolling testament to a man whose success and character has cemented his name into Australian motorsport history,” he said.
Holden has taken the recently updated 2015 SS V Redline as the starting point for the Craig Lowndes Special Edition. It’s got four-piston Brembo brakes fitted front and rear, paddle-shifts and upgraded suspension bushes. New 20-inch black alloy wheels round out the mechanical changes.
Available in Red Hot or Heron White, the Craig Lowndes SS V Special Edition Commodore also features unique body side decals, hood decal and chrome finished boot badge. It also gets a black grille and fender vents, a black roof (a black roof will be available on the standard SS V Commodore from 2015) and black window surrounds.
As announced in September, buyers will receive:
- Framed certificate of authenticity with build plate;
- Red Bull Racing private function and tour hosted by Craig Lowndes; and
- Two General Admission tickets to customers’ local 2015 V8 Supercar race and Red Bull Racing pit tour.
Craig Lowndes SS V Special Edition Commodore:
- 20-inch staggered wheels and tyres: 8.5-inch front and 9-inch rear;
- 245/275 20in Bridgestone Potenza tyres;
- Front and Rear 4-piston Brembo brakes;
- Tyre pressure monitoring system (TPM);
- Red Hot Engine cover;
- Black V8 power hood decal;
- Black roof;
- Black grille surrounds and fender vents – front upper in Red (Black on white vehicles);
- Black DRL surrounds;
- Black window surrounds;
- Unique body side decals;
- Rear wing spoiler in black;
- Graphic sill plates;
- Carpet floor mats;
- Craig Lowndes embroidered ‘dash pad’;
- Unique Boot badge; and
- Individually numbered build plate.