Subaru BRZ STI Sport revealed… Australia to get a version
The Subaru BRZ STI Sport has been revealed today at the Tokyo Motor Show with Australia yet to receive a version of the car… soon.
JAPANESE BUYERS can now get their hands on the Subaru BRZ STI Sport but Australian punters will have to wait until a version of the vehicle arrives Down Under. While Australia is keeping quiet on what the local version of the BRZ STI Sport will be like, it has said that it will contain “elements” of the Tokyo show car.
Jointly developed by Subaru and Subaru Tecnica International (STI), the BRZ STI Sport features key changes to the suspension, including “flexible V-braces and flexible draw stiffener front suspension, developed with original STI technology. Exclusive 18-inch aluminum wheels and 18-inch high-performance tires are adopted. The use of SACHS dampers and coil springs, specially tuned by STI, improves steering response and suppresses roll, achieving flexible but highly stable driving performance”.
The interior has also been tweaked although the engine has been left alone with the JDM variant offering 152kW and 212Nm of torque with manual transmission and 147kW and 205Nm of torque with an automatic.
Main features of Subaru BRZ STI Sport
Suspension System and Wheels
- Specially tuned SACHS dampers (made by ZF) and coil springs
- STI-designed flexible V-braces
- STI-designed flexible draw stiffeners (front)
- 18-inch aluminum wheels (black)
- 215/40R18 high-performance tires
- Brembo 4-wheel ventilated disc brakes
- Exclusive front bumper
- STI emblem (front and rear)
- BRZ emblem (black)
- Exclusive front fender garnish (with STI logo)
- Power-retractable remote-control door mirrors (black)
- Black shark fin antenna
- Exclusive Alcantara leather seats (black/Bordeaux red, front seat heater)
- Instrument panel with exclusive TFT color multi-information display (STI logo)
- Exclusive instrument panel glare shield (Grande Luxe, red stitching)
- Exclusive leather-wrapped steering wheel (high-tactile leather, red stitching, with dark cast metallic trim)
- Exclusive door armrests (Bordeaux red, red stitching)
- Exclusive shoulder pads (Grande Luxe, red stitching)
- Piano black trim (air conditioner switch panel, power window switch panel)
- Stainless steel side sill plates with STI logo