Rockstar Performance Garage tunes 2016 Hyundai Tucson for SEMA
Rockstar Performance Garage has waved its spanner across the 2016 Hyundai Tucson SUV for SEMA giving it some “off-road lifeblood”…
HYUNDAI HAS TRADITIONALLY let performance companies fiddle with its product for one-offs at SEMA, but until now that’s been confined to its road cars. This year sees Rockstar Performance Garage get its hands dirty with the 2016 Hyundai Tucson SUV. It’ll be revealed in full on 3 November.
According to a short statement, the Tucson treatment, “bumper-to-bumper overhaul started with the most important piece of any serious off-roader: the suspension. The Tucson now sits six inches over stock height, riding on massive, 32-inch MTZ P3 tyres from Mickey Thompson, and a fully-custom, adjustable shocks and struts system from King Shocks. The vehicle’s wheel wells were reconstructed to create space for the new setup, now able to fit the massive suspension and tire combination”.
A new exhaust has been fitted and a new K&N intake and intercooler from Mishimoto to help the engine breathe, “providing a performance boost” to the Hyundai’s 1.6-liter “Gamma” four-cylinder power plant. Power is delivered to all four wheels through a 6-speed DCT transmission. We don’t yet know how much extra oomph is being produced.
“The focus behind this build was to create an off-roader that nobody expected,” said Nic Ashby, owner and general partner, Rockstar Performance Garage.
“The Tucson was a great starting platform with its rigid frame and plenty of room in the engine bay for modifications. With the complete suspension overhaul and blacked-out appearance, this Tucson is guaranteed to be a head turner in line with the Rockstar lifestyle.”
Rounding out the exterior visuals, the RPG Tucson has been finished in a black and yellow livery, smoked rear tail lights, a custom LED light bar setup from Bulldog LED Lighting, and custom off road bumpers to help the vehicle shrug off impacts.
- Mishimoto 2.5-in. Stainless Steel Down Pipe and Charge Pipe with Front Mount Intercooler
- Rockstar Energy-Licensed/Mishimoto Billet Oil Catch Can
- Mishimoto 19-Row Oil Cooler
- Turbonetics Godzilla Blow Off Valve
- K&N Filters Custom Air Intake
- Custom Magnaflow Centre Exhaust
- Odyssey Dry Cell Battery
- Lucas Oil Fluids
- Heatshield Products Lava Wrap
- King Shocks 2.5-in. Adjustable Strut Coilovers
- King Shocks Rear 2.5-in. Shocks with Remote Reservoirs and Progressive Off-Road Springs
- Black Ops 4×4 Body Clearancing for Larger Tires
- Mickey Thompson 32-in. MTZ P3 Tires
- KMC 17-in. XD Series “Bully” Off-Road Wheels
- RPG and Wicked Image Designs Custom Roof Rack
- RPG and Wicked Image Designs Custom Bumpers
- Bulldog LED Lighting 40-in. LED Light Bars
- Bulldog LED Lighting 2-in. LED Spikes
- sPOD Electronic Control Centre for Accessory Option
- Kicker Audio Sound System
- High Output Speakers
- 10-in. Subwoofer
- Scosche Integrated Stereo Install Kits
- Wiring and Accessories
- Tintman Window Tint