Refreshed 2015 Toyota Prius v hybrid revealed
The 2015 Toyota Prius v hybrid seven-seater has been revealed with a tweaked look, improved features and expanded safety features.
TOYOTA HAS REVEALED the refreshed 2015 Prius v hybrid today which it says “builds on Toyota’s cutting-edge safety technology with the introduction of lane departure alert and an improved pre-crash safety system”.
Beyond safety alone, the Prius v hybrid has also received some suspension tweaks (adjustments to damping force) to further improve what was already a good-handling car. The seven-seat Prius v runs a 1.8-litre Atkinson cycle petrol engine and a 60kW electric motor, for a combined system output of 100kW. Power from the two sources is blended through an continuously variable transmission, helping achieve fuel economy of 4.4 litres/100km and CO2 emissions of 101g/km. Electric energy collected from regenerative braking is stored in a lithium-ion battery for use when required to help accelerate the vehicle.
According to Toyota’s executive director sales and marketing Tony Cramb these are the first major changes since the launch of the Prius v in 2012.
“Prius v offers more cargo space than most small SUVs yet it can travel 100km on less than five litres of fuel*,” Mr Cramb said.
“The latest updates are focused on safety, multi-media technology and additional ride comfort while ensuring the comprehensive standard features of Prius v meet the needs of a wide range of buyers,” he said.
The refreshed Prius v front-end features a new upper grille, a more prominent Toyota badge that extends the forward line of the bonnet, and vertical LED running lamps. Slim profile headlamps give Prius v a “distinctive sharp-eyed appearance” while the gloss-black lower grille adopts Toyota’s signature trapezoidal shape.
At the rear, there’s a new combination lamp design and, following the styling themes adopted at the front, a new licence-plate trim and bumper with an integrated diffuser.
Changes in the cabin include new interior trim, upgraded audio systems with touch-screen displays, a revised instrument binnacle and a new 4.2-inch colour TFT information screen controlled using switches on the steering wheel.
Both Prius v grades (Prius v and Prius v i-Tech) include seven airbags, stability and traction control, climate-control air conditioning, reversing camera, head-up display, 16-inch alloy wheels, three-piece sliding second-row seat, 50/50 split and fold-flat third-row seat, hill-start assist control, daytime running lamps, electric vehicle mode and touch-tracer steering-wheel controls.
Prices are unchanged at $34,490 (+ORC) for the Prius v and $44,490 (+ORC) for the Prius v i-Tech. Prius v, like all new Toyota vehicles, is covered by Toyota Service Advantage. There is a capped price of $140 for each of up to six scheduled logbook services in the first three years or 60,000km.
2015 Toyota Prius v
- Vehicle stability control
- Traction control
- Seven airbags
- ABS with BA and EBD
- Reversing camera
- Cruise control
- Tilt-and-telescopic steering column
- Hill-start assist control
- Display audio with 6.1-inch touch-screen, six speakers
- 4.2-inch colour multi-information display
- Power mirrors (heated), mirrors and door locks
- 16-inch alloy wheels with full wheel covers
- Automatic air-conditioning
- LED daytime running lamps
- Emergency stop lamps
- Engine immobiliser
- EV/Eco/Power modes
- Front and rear foglamps
- Head-up display
- Lithium-ion battery
- Halogen headlamps (manual levelling)
- Power lumbar adjustment: driver’s seat
- 4.2-inch TFT multi-information display
- Steering-wheel switches (MID, telephone, audio)
- Smart entry and start (keyless)
- Regenerative brake system
Prius v i-Tech
- Toyota Link connected mobility
- – Destination download
- – Local search
- – Weather
- – Fuel
- – Toyota help
- Satellite navigation with added Toyota Link apps:
- – Destination Assist (pay per use)
- – “Navigate to” for Destination Download, Local Search and Fuel Finder
- Digital (DAB) radio
- Bi-LED headlamps (auto levelling)
- Pre-collision safety system
- Lane departure alert
- Adaptive cruise control
- Auto high beam
- 8-speaker JBL sound system
- Intelligent park assist
- Electrochromatic rear-view mirror
- Panoramic roof with power shade
- Leather-accented trim
- Heated front seats
- Water-repelling front side glass