Minor updates for 2015 Holden VF Commodore
Holden has announced minor updates for the 2015 Holden VF Commodore range, including paddle shifts for the SS V Redline and full-size alloy spare wheel for SV6 and Calais.
HOLDEN HAS ANNOUNCED minor updates to its 2015 Holden VF Commodore range including steering-mounted paddle shifts, recalibrated steering and minor cosmetic enhancements. Released in 2013, the Holden VF Commodore has become Australia’s most popular large car, commanding a 72% market share.
According to Holden, its engineers have “taken inspiration directly from the racetrack” and introduced steering-wheel mounted paddle shifts for the SS V Redline only. Across the range, the Holden has revised calibration settings for the Electronic Power Steering (EPS) system. “The EPS has been re-tuned and recalibrated to enhance on-centre steering feel and precision. Holden engineers also worked to further improve steering refinement with a new level of smoothness,” a statement read.
There are now three steering calibrations for the MY15 VF Commodore:
- Touring – FE1 (Evoke, Calais, Calais V, Caprice V);
- Sport – FE2 & FE3 (SV6, SS, SS V); and
- Sport and Competitive – FE3 (SS V Redline).
In addition to the paddle shifts, the VF SS V Redline gets a new Jet Black interior is now standard on SS V Redline, with optional titanium interior highlights and new, split-rim 19-inch black alloy wheels. A new black roof option will become available on SS V Redline Sedan models in Red Hot, Jungle Green and Heron White early in 2015.
The rest of the range remains virtually unchanged, although a full-sized alloy now replaces the tyre sealant and air compressor kit on SV6 and Calais models. Also, the LPG drivetrain option has been discontinued for SV6 models and the Caprice line-up has been consolidated into a single Caprice V specification, available with a V6 or V8 engine.
Holden VF Commodore SS V Redline highlights:
- NEW Paddle-shifters (automatic transmission only);
- NEW Black 19-inch split-rim alloy wheels;
- NEW Gloss Black Rear Valance (SV6, SS, SS V and SS V Redline sedans only);
- 6.0-litre V8 engine;
- 6-speed manual transmission or optional 6-speed automatic transmission with Active Select;
- Performance Mode Lift Foot (automatic transmission calibration);
- Launch Control;
- Competitive Mode (stability control calibration);
- Colour Head-Up Display;
- Holden MyLink infotainment System with 8” colour touch-screen display;
- Automatic Park Assist;
- Rear view camera;
- Lane Change Assist;
- Blind Spot Monitoring;
- Forward Collision Alert;
- Rear parking sensors;
- ISOFIX child seat anchorage system;
- Embedded apps including Pandora, Stitcher SmartRadio; and
- Siri Eyes Free Mode.