The 5 things you need to know about the 2017 Nissan X-Trail
The Nissan X-Trail is one of this country’s most popular SUVs… it’s been refreshed for 2017 and here are the 5 things you need to know about it.
THE NISSAN X-TRAIL is one of the best-selling Nissans in this country with more than 193,000 units finding driveways to call home since it was first launched here. The revised 2017 X-Trail was launched here in May boasting the addition of a new 2.0-litre turbo-diesel engine and improved standard features across the range. The revised 2017 X-Trail features three petrol grades (ST; ST-L; and Ti) and one diesel (TL).
What are the key changes to the 2017 Nissan X-Trail?
- NEW: 2.0-litre turbo-diesel four-cylinder engine (Xtronic, 4WD); 130kW, 380Nm (this engine replaces the outgoing 1.6-litre turbo-diesel);
- CARRY-OVER: 2.0-litre petrol four-cylinder engine (106kW, 200Nm); and
- CARRY-OVER: 2.5-litre four-cylinder engine (126kW, 226Nm).
Styling: exterior and interior:
- NEW front fascia with signature Nissan “V-motion” grille, revised headlights and LED signature daytime running lights;
- NEW rear styling with updated bumper designed and revised rear combination lamps and LED boomerang signature tail lights;
- NEW 17-inch (ST / TS, ST-L) and 19-inch (Ti / TL) alloy wheels;
- D-shaped steering wheel;
NEW shifter knob design and leather gear-shift boot;
- NEW door vent finish;
- REVISED centre console and lid; and
ADDITION of three new exterior paint colours: Marine Blue, Copper Blaze and Ruby.
NEW Nissan Intelligent Mobility technologies:
- Intelligent Emergency Braking (all model grades)
- Intelligent Emergency Braking with pedestrian detection (Ti, TL grades) o Forward
- Collision Warning (FCW) (all model grades)
- Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC) (Ti grade)
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) (ST-L, Ti, TL grades)
- Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFLS) (Ti, TL grades)
- Lane Departure Intervention (Ti grade)
- BOSE audio system with eight speakers, including two sub-woofer speakers (Ti, TL grades)
- Motion Activated Tailgate (Ti, TL grades) o Heated steering wheel (Ti, TL grades); and
- Heated rear seats (Ti, TL grades) o High Beam Assist (Ti, TL grades)
Minor specification changes:
- New audio / navigation graphics;
New design for the steering wheel-mounted controls;
Revised control for the cooled / heated front centre console cup holders; and
- Door-mounted i-Key button change: now black (formerly chrome).