2017 Ford Escape to replace Ford Kuga from $28,490+ORC
The 2017 Ford Escape will replace the Ford Kuga in 2017 and list from $28,490+ORC.
FORD AUSTRALIA has announced the Ford Escape will replace the Ford Kuga in 2017. It will list, in front-wheel drive guise from $28,490+ORC.
“The Escape will follow the formula set by the Ford Kuga as a family friendly, fuel-efficient and five-star safety rated SUV,” said Ford Australia President and CEO, Graeme Whickman. “We’ve responded to calls for a broader line-up, with the front-wheel drive Trend giving consumers an even more compelling SUV offering, and with sharpened MLPs across the range.”
It’s out with the Ford Kuga and in with the Ford Escape in 2017 as Ford revives an old nameplate and throws improved specification at its medium SUV. The Escape follows the same design path of other Ford SUVs, including the Edge, offering a large upper trapezoidal two-bar grille and a smaller lower grille flanked by new-look head-lights incorporating daytime running lights, complemented by fog lights. At the back there are new-look tail-lights and either 18-inch or 19-inchy alloys depending on the model. Two new colours, White Platinum (tri-coat) and Copper Pulse, will be offered throughout the range.
Ford says the interior has been made easier to use. “The steering wheel and air-conditioning controls are even more intuitive, and feature fewer and more distinguishable buttons and switches, making the Escape’s cabin features easier to recognise and navigate. All automatic Escape models will feature paddle-shift functionality that enables drivers to manually select gears, adding to its fun-to-drive ethos,” Ford said.
“The second-row stadium seating boasts family-friendly packaging, with rear tray tables on the Titanium, as well as ISOFIX anchorage-points and rear air-vents on all models. It also offers up to 1603 litres of convenient cargo space with the stadium seating folded,” Ford added.
The Ford Escape Trend will be available with a cost-optional hands-free power tailgate that you can just poke your foot under to activate. Ford said the Escape would also offer a raft of safety features, including Ford’s Adaptive Front Lighting System which monitors ambient light conditions, and can automatically adjust the beam angle of the new bi-xenon headlights depending on the vehicle’s speed, steering angle and distance to an object in front. “It features anti-glare capability, as well as country road, city street and also maneuvering beam-shaping abilities.”
The Escape also offers an “enhanced” version of Ford’s cost-optional Active City Stop collision avoidance system, which now operates at speeds of up to 50km/h, increased from 30km/h.
The Ford Escape: model-by-model
- Ford Escape Ambiente 1.5L FWD 6-speed manual MLP $28,490+ORC;
- 1.5L FWD 6-speed automatic MLP $29,990+ORC; and
- 1.5L AWD 6-speed automatic MLP $32,990+ORC.
- Power/Torque: 110kW at 6000rpm and 240Nm at 1600-5000rpm (manual); 134kW at
- 6000rpm and 240Nm at 1600-5000rpm.
- Fuel consumption: 6.3L/100km (manual) and 7.5L/100km (automatic)
- SYNC 3 with 8.0-inch capacitive touchscreen, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Embedded satellite-navigation with Traffic Management Control (TMC)
- Dual-zone climate control with rear air vents
- AM/FM/DAB+ radio, six-speaker audio with USB input, Bluetooth streaming
- Reverse Camera and rear parking sensors
- Cruise Control with speed limiter
- Daytime running-lights
- Push-button start
- Front and rear fog-lamps
- Electronic Parking Brake
- SYNC Emergency Assist
- Ford MyKey
- Ford Escape Trend 1.5L EcoBoost FWD 6-speed automatic MLP $32,990+ORC;
- 2.0L EcoBoost AWD 6-speed automatic MLP $35,990+ORC; and
- 2.0L TDCi AWD 6-speed automatic MLP $38,490+ORC.
- Power/Torque: 178kW at 5500rpm and 345Nm at 2000-4500rpm (petrol) and 132kW at 3500rpm and 400Nm at 2000-2500rpm (diesel).
- Fuel consumption: 8.6L/100km (petrol); 5.5L/100km (diesel).
As per Ambiente, plus:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Roof-rails in silver finish
- Privacy Glass
- Automatic rain-sensing windscreen wipers
- Automatic-dimming rear-vision mirror
- Automatic on/off headlights
- Follow-me home lighting
- Leather-wrap gear lever
- New Ford Escape Titanium 2.0L EcoBoost AWD 6-speed automatic MLP $44,990+ORC; and
- 2.0L TDCi AWD 6-speed automatic MLP $47,490+ORC.
As per Trend, plus:
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Smart Keyless Entry
- Power folding mirrors with approach light Bi-Xenon HID headlights with auto levelling
- LED Daytime-running lights
- Adaptive Beam Shape and Dynamic bending headlights
- Leather upholstery
- Heated front-seating
- 10-way power-adjustable Driver’s seat
- Front parking sensors
- Enhanced Active Park Assist
- Panoramic glass roof
- Front and rear velour floor mats
- Hands-free power tailgate
- Multi-colour ambient lighting
- LED taillights
- Nine-speaker audio