2015 Hyundai i30 is Australia’s best-seller in September
The 2015 Hyundai i30 Series II was Australia’s best-selling car in September with 4490 vehicles sold.
THE 2015 HYUNDAI I30 has finished September at the top of the sales chart with a total of 4490 vehicles sold – that model’s second highest sales result on record. Across its entire range, Hyundai sold 9311 units which is 5.8% growth year-on-year and gives the Korean car maker 9.2% of the new car market. This puts Hyundai third overall.
On passenger car sales alone, Hyundai finished second behind Toyota and ahead of Holden, Volkswagen and Mazda with 6936 units sold in September.
“We are very proud of our outstanding September sales result. It’s a testament to the dedication of our company, staff and Dealer network” said Hyundai Motor Company Australia Chief Operating Officer, John Elsworth. “We are tracking very well for the remainder of the year and look forward to welcoming even more new customers to the Hyundai family.”
Don’t miss our long-term test of the Hyundai i30 Active Diesel.
Hyundai Motor Company Australia – September 2015 Results:
- Light Cars <$25k: Hyundai ranked 3rd with combined sales of i20 (350 units) and Accent (966 units) achieving a total of 1,316 units and market share of 14.8%
- Small Cars <$40k: i30 ranked 1st with sales of 4,490 units, while combined sales of i30 (4,490 units) and Elantra (680 units) achieved a total 5,170 units and a combined segment share of 25.4%
- Medium <$60k: Hyundai ranked 5th with combined sales of Sonata (131 units) and i40 (94 units) achieving a total of 250 units and a combined market share of 4.9%
- Large <$70k: Genesis ranked 5th with sales of 39 units and 1.2% segment share
- SUV Small <$40k: ix35 ranked 3rd with sales of 1,282 units and 14.8% segment share
- SUV Medium <$60k: Tucson ranked 9th with 548 units sold and 4.8% segment share
- SUV Large <$70k: Santa Fe ranked 13th with sales of 273 units and 2.4% segment share
- Sports Cars <$80k: Veloster ranked equal 8th with sales of 42 units and 3.5% segment share
- Van/CC 2.5-3.5t: iLoad ranked 2nd with sales of 272 units and 22.2% segment share