Nissan X-Trail gets turbo-diesel engine
The Nissan X-Trail line-up in Australia is now complete with a turbo-diesel engine added to the petrol variants launched earlier this year.
NISSAN AUSTRALIA today announced the Nissan X-Trail would get a 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine offering 96kW and 320Nm of torque and returning 5.3L/100km (the diesel engine is available in both TS and TL trim). It joins the 2.0-litre and 2.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engined X-Trail variants (read our review of the petrol X-Trail).
Pricing for the new diesel variants is: 2WD TS $35,380 (+ORC); 2WD TL $46,280 (+ORC), and 4WD TS $35,680 (+ORC); 4WD TL $46,580 (+ORC).
“The X-TRAIL is the complete package of style, safety and economy – no wonder it’s one of Nissan’s most popular models, selling over 140,000 units locally since 2001,” said Richard Emery, Managing Director and CEO of Nissan Australia.
Weighing 30kg less than its predecessor diesel engine, the new R9M diesel engine in the X-Trail gets Idle Stop/Start, Variable displacement oil pump, Swirl Control valve and a High and Low Pressure Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system.
“The low-pressure exhaust gas recirculation system recycles exhaust gas at a lower temperature to reduce emissions of nitrogen oxides and CO2. The engine unit also features optimised thermal management that allows the engine to reach operating temperature much quicker. This, in turn, reduces friction losses when starting from cold and improves fuel efficiency,” Nissan said in a statement.
The new diesel X-TRAIL maintains the pulling power of its predecessor, with the braked towing capacity for the 4WD manual TS and TL variants at 2000kg. All other variants have a 1500kg towing capacity.
Features : X-Trail ST and TS
- Available in 2WD or 4WD;
- ALL MODE 4×4-i system (4WD only);
- 2.0L petrol with 6-Speed Manual (2WD only);
- 2.5L petrol engine with Xtronic with Manual Mode;
- 1.6L Turbo Diesel Engine with Idle Stop/Start and Xtronic with Manual Mode (2WD only);
- 1.6L Turbo Diesel Engine with Idle Stop/Start and 6-Speed manual transmission (4WD only);
- 5 and 7 seat options (7 seat option available with 2.5L 2WD Xtronic only);
- 17-inch alloy wheels;
- Daytime running lights;
- 5-inch LCD colour audio display;
- Rear view camera;
- Nissan Intelligent Key with Push Button Start;
- MP3, USB, AUX, Bluetooth, NissanConnect Smartphone Connectivity;
- Flexible seating system with 2nd row 40/20/40 split fold-down;
- Divide-N-Hide™ Flexible cargo system (5 seat only);
- Cruise control;
- 6 airbags;
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS);
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD);
- Brake Assist (BA);
- Active Trace Control (ATC); and
- Rear roof spoiler.
Features : ST-L contains all of the ST features PLUS/OR:
- Roof rails;
- Privacy glass;
- 7-inch LCD colour QVGA monitor;
- Around View Monitor (AVM);
- Satellite navigation;
- Digital Radio (DAB);
- Leather accented seats and steering wheel;
- 8-way power adjustable driver’s seat including lumbar support;
- 4-way power adjustable passenger seat;
- Heated driver and front passenger seats; and
- Dual zone climate control.
Features : Ti and TL contains all of the ST-L features PLUS/OR:
- 18-inch alloy wheels;
- LED headlights;
- Sensor activated tailgate;
- Rain sensing windscreen wipers;
- Auto levelling headlights;
- Nissan Intelligent Key with power tailgate function;
- Power tilt and slide sunroof;
- Rear view mirror with auto Anti-Dazzle;
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW);
- Blind Spot Warning (BSW); and
- Moving Object Detection (MOD).