Limited-edition Volkswagen Golf GTI 40 launching in June
Celebrating 40 years of the Volkswagen Golf GTI, VW Australia has announced it will release the limited-edition Volkswagen Golf GTI 40 in June.
TO CELEBRATE 40 years of the Golf GTI, the limited-edition Volkswagen Golf GTI 40 will arrive here in June, boasting 195kW, and only a slight price increase over the Golf GTI Performance.
The most powerful production Golf GTI yet, the GTI 40 will offer 195kW and 380Nm of torque, although an overboost function will see the power briefly rise to 213kW (on kick down for around 10 seconds at a time). The new model runs the same performance tweaks as the Golf GTI Performance model, including larger brakes, sophisticated front differential lock, 19-inch alloy wheels with a unique design, and adaptive chassis control. The new model has then further raised the bar with a host of distinctive offerings.
It also gets a unique body kit including a new front bumper with larger air intakes and a two-piece rear roof spoiler. On the inside there’s unique anniversary ‘honeycomb’ seat upholstery (featuring the GTI logo) and decorative inlays as well as an Alcantara-covered steering wheel and door trim inserts.
Pricing will see the Golf GTI 40 attract a $2500 premium over the GTI Performance, with list pricing of $48,990 (+ORC). Initially, the GTI 40 will only have a 6-speed DSG. The only cost option is a panoramic glass sunroof at $1850.
- Choice of gloss paint finishes with a contrasting black roof or Metallic paint finish
- Black door mirrors
- Revised rear bumper with new diffusor
- Large diameter exhaust tailpipes, left and right
- Darkened LED tail lights, reminiscent of the Golf R
- Extended side sills
- Traditional GTI-themed red stitching on wheel, seat belts and floor mats
- Front door sill strips with new GTI emblem
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Front Assist with City Emergency Brake (City EB)
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Traffic Alert