Jeep Cherokee Limited Diesel launched
Jeep has launched the Cherokee Limited Diesel completing the new Cherokee line-up and following the announcement of the Nissan X-Trail diesel. Let battle commence.
The Jeep Cherokee line-up has been bolstered by the addition of the new Limited Diesel, which packs a 2.0-litre turbo-diesel engine and nine-speed automatic transmission. It joins the current Cherokee pack which includes a 2.4-litre four-cylinder petrol engine and a 3.2-litre V6 petrol.
The new 2.0-litre turbo-diesel produces 125kW and 350Nm of torque and is equipped with stop/start helping it to return 5.8L/100km. The Cherokee Limited Diesel also gets rear-axle disconnect to help reduce fuel consumption in conditions when four-wheel drive isn’t required. To ensure the Cherokee Limited Diesel is capable when the going gets rough it features Jeep’s Active II system which includes a two-speed power transfer unit with torque management and low range unique to the diesel powertrain.
The Limited Diesel also features 18-inch aluminum wheels, leather upholstery with heated front seats, Uconnect 8.4-inch touchscreen with navigation, front and rear parking sensors with reversing camera and an Alpine nine-speaker surround sound system as standard.
In terms of safety, the Cherokee Limited Diesel gets seven airbags (front seats multistage air bags, side bags, window bags, driver side knee air bag), ESC (Electronic Stability Control) with ERM (rollover mitigation) and ABS (anti-lock brake system) with both on-road and off-road calibration.
Standard Equipment – Cherokee Limited Diesel
- 18-inch polished aluminium wheels;
- Xenon HID Headlights with washers; and
- Stop/Start fuel saving technology.
- Alpine 9-speaker premium sound system;
- Heated front seats;
- Instrument cluster with 7.0-Inch TFT colour display;
- Leather upholstery;
- Premium interior accents;
- Remote start system;
- Remote USB port; and
- Uconnect 8.4-Inch touchscreen with Navigation.
Safety and Security :
- Automatic headlight leveling system;
- Parksense front & rear park assist with stop;
- Parkview rear back-up camera; and
- Jeep Active Drive II – 4WD system with low range.