HSV bringing Camaro ZL1 to Australia from $159,900+ORC
HSV has confirmed it will add the Camaro ZL1 to its 2019 line-up in both Australia and New Zealand with prices starting at $159,900+ORC.
The Camaro ZL1, the brand’s most powerful variant, is coming to Australia via HSV which becomes the first brand in the world to “do so with full volume compliance”. Both automatic and manual variants will be re-engineered by HSV for Australia and New Zealand with work on the automatic variant beginning in April and the manual in May.
HSV’s Managing Director, Tim Jackson, said, “HSV has always had a history steeped in high-performance and the introduction of the ZL1 – the most powerful production Camaro available in the world – really sings to HSV’s heritage. We’re sure the GM faithful, and performance enthusiasts alike, will be excited by our latest move”.
Camaro ZL1 key highlights:
- 2L LT4 supercharged V8 with Direct Injection and Variable Valve Timing;
- 6-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Matching and Launch Control functionality or a 10-speed paddle-shift automatic transmission with Custom Launch Control, Line-Lock and Lift-Foot Gear Hold technology;
- Magnetic Ride Control dampers;
- Electronically controlled Limited Slip Differential;
- Brembo performance brakes with 6-piston monobloc front calipers and 390mm two-piece front rotors;
- Bi-modal performance exhaust system;
- 20” 10 split-spoke forged alloy wheels;
- Recaro performance seats;
- Sueded flat-bottom sports profile steering wheel and gear shifter; and
- Sport alloy pedals.