Cosmetic-tweak Ford Ranger FX4 on-sale now
Ford Australia has released a cosmetic package for the Ford Ranger XLT, calling it the Ford Ranger FX4, it’s on-sale now.
FORD HAS ADDED SOME bolt-on bits to the Ranger XLT to come up with the FX4, the first XLT based Special Edition for PX Ranger MkII. The tweaks are:
- Stark Grey Alloy Wheels (18-inch) with New Unique Design Black Roof Rails;
- Black Bonnet and Tailgate Decal Wraps;
- Side Decals with ‘FX4’ Branding;
- Black Sports Bar, Rear Bumper, Side Steps and Door Handles;
- Black Grille (with Unique Design), Fog Lamp Bezels, Exterior Mirrors and Fender;
- Leather Accented ‘FX4’ Branded Seats;
- Front and Rear Carpet Mats; and
- Black Interior Highlights.
In addition to the stick-on bits, the Ranger FX4 adds Sync3 to the package giving this special edition Ranger the latest Ford infotainment package. This system offers an 8.0-inch touchscreen with pinch and zoom capability and Apple Car Play and Android Auto connectivity.
Read Robert Pepper’s review of the Ford Ranger PX MkII HERE.
The price has been hiked by $3500 on both the manual and auto variants, seeing the price rise from $55,415+ORC for the XLT Double-Cab manual to $58,915+ORC for the FX4 variant, and from $57,615+ORC for the auto to $61,115+ORC for the FX4 auto variant.
‘We developed the Ranger FX4 for our customers that are a bit bolder than most and make use of the towing and payload capabilities of the Ranger XLT,’ said Graeme Whickman, President and CEO, Ford Australia.
Question: Would you simply buy the standard XLT double-cab and spend the extra coin on aftermarket gear to personalize it, or leave it as is and keep the extra money?