447kW 2015 Hyundai Genesis for SEMA show
Toca Marketing Group builds a one-off 447kW 2015 Hyundai Genesis for the SEMA show in November.
MEET THE ‘STEEL PHOENIX’. This 447kW 2015 Hyundai Genesis is the work of Toca Marketing Group to go on display at the 2014 SEMA show in November. According to Toca, the Steel Phoenix has been built to go “head-to-head with the German super sedans which are considered the auto industry’s performance benchmark”.
“The name ‘Steel Phoenix’ came to me as soon as I saw the redesigned Genesis,” said John Toca, founder and owner of Toca Marketing Group.
“The main focus of this build was to zone in on the luxury aspect, while improving performance in parallel. Although I wasn’t overly concerned about pushing crazy horsepower numbers, the custom-fabricated twin turbo setup adds 180 horsepower over the stock motor. Whether you’re driving the car, sitting in the executively-appointed passenger and rear seats, or admiring the car from the outside, this Genesis is guaranteed to put a smile on your face.”
Using Hyundai’s 5.0-litre V8 is a base, Toca has engineered a one-off Garrett twin turbo setup for the vehicle, complete with a full ARK Performance catback exhaust system, which hikes power to 447kW. “By adding an AirRex digital air suspension system, the car sits lower to the ground on ultra-high performance Toyo rubber, wrapped around custom 21-inch COR 3-piece wheels. Complementing the car’s twin-turbocharged performance, Toca added a custom 8-piston front and 6-piston rear brake set up from Neo Motorsport,” a statement read.
On the inside, there are custom black leather seats with contrast stitching carbon-fibre trim panels and a Rockford Fosgate sound system. The vehicle has been refinished with a custom blend of BASF R-M products, giving the paintwork a steel, metallic appearance. Rounding off the exterior appearance, Toca fabricated a unique, all-metal wide body design with matte and gloss black accents.
- Custom Fabricated Twin Turbo Setup ;
- 2 Garrett GTX3067R Ball Bearing Turbochargers ;
- 2 TiAL GT30 Stainless Turbine Housings ;
- 2 TiAL MV-SA External Wastegates ;
- 2 TiAL QRJ Boost Control Valves ;
- DT Performance Custom Manifold Design ;
- Polished Inside/Out Stainless Steel Tubing ;
- Earl’s Performance Plumbing Custom Oil Cooler System;
- ARK Performance Dual Exhaust System ;
- Optima Batteries Red Top Battery (Main Battery) ;
- Optima Batteries Yellow Top Battery (Suspension) ; and
- Earl’s Performance Plumbing Hoses, Hose Ends and Fittings.
- AirRex Digital Air Suspension System ;
- Custom 2-Tank / 2-Viair Compressor Setup ;
- Custom Painted BASF R-M Red Candy 2 ;
- NEO Motorsport Forged Line Brake Kit ;
- Front: 8-Piston Forged Caliper ;
- 380x32mm C-Cut Two-Piece Fixed Rotor ;
- Rear: 6-Piston Forged Caliper ;
- 356x28mm C-Cut Two-Piece Fixed Rotor ;
- Custom Painted Matte Black / Candy Red Calipers ;
- 21-inch COR Wheels Custom 3-Piece Wazara Wheels ;
- Front: 21×9.5 (custom offset) Rear: 21×11 (custom offset);
- Custom Brushed Aluminum Gloss Black Finish Lip ;
- Custom Matte Black Centers ;
- Project Kics R40 Iconix Lug Nuts ;
- Toyo Proxes T1R Tires ; and
- Front: 255/30/21 ; Rear: 295/25/21.