2018 Subaru BRZ tS launches here from $39,894+ORC
Subaru upgrades its BRZ range with a new infotainment unit and launches the performance-oriented BRZ tS Down Under.
THE SUBARU BRZ tS is on-sale now in both manual and automatic form from $39,894+ORC. It leap frogs the former top-spec BRZ Premium to become the king of the hill.
Subaru Australia Managing Director, Colin Christie, said: “BRZ has earned a strong following since its launch in 2012 and the addition of the tS to the range will help maintain momentum for this fun sports coupe.
“The combination of suspension, brake and cosmetic enhancements make it an appealing package for sports car fans looking for a bit more edge from their BRZ.
“Also, the significant improvements to infotainment right across the BRZ range literally make it an even more entertaining drive.”
Tweaks to the BRZ tS include:
- SACHS suspension;
- Brembo brakes with red painted calipers;
- STI coil springs;
- Flexible V-shaped bar;
- Flexible draw stiffener;
- Black finish 18-inch STI alloy wheels;
- Exclusive front bumper, including grille with tS badge;
- Black rear spoiler, mirrors and shark-fin roof mounted antenna;
- tS and STI exterior badging;
- STI side garnish;
- Red highlights and tS logo added to Alcantara seat trim;
- Grand Luxe door panel trim and dashboard highlight;
- Exclusive steering wheel – black with red accent and STI logo;
- Red seat belts;
- Push button starter with STI logo, which also appears in the instrument cluster; and
- The tS is also available for a limited time in an exclusive colour, Cool Grey.
Beyond the launch of the tS variant, all 2018-model-year BRZs get a new, third-generation 7-inch infotainment unit which stands out from the unit offered in its Toyota twin, by offering Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity.
2018 Subaru BRZ pricing (+ORC):
BRZ six-speed manual
BRZ six-speed automatic
BRZ Premium six-speed manual
BRZ Premium six-speed automatic
BRZ tS six-speed manual
BRZ tS six-speed automatic