2017 Holden Astra priced from $21,990+ORC
The 2017 Holden Astra will arrive Down Under in December with prices beginning from $21,990+ORC.
THE 2017 HOLDEN ASTRA will sell from $21,990+ORC when it arrives in Australia in December. Holden Executive Director of Sales, Peter Keley, said: “It’s incredibly exciting to see the first all-new Holden Astra built and ready to ship – it’s a stunning car, packed with state-of-the-art technology, and another great example of the exciting future vehicles we will be introducing over the next couple of years. Holden has committed to replacing or refreshing every single model in our line-up as part of our plan to launch 24 new models by the end of 2020.”
“Standout features including Automatic Emergency Braking, Forward Collision Alert and Active Lane Keep Assist, ensure the all-new Astra brings premium tech and polish to the segment,” he said.
In terms of safety, the Astra will get, as standard, a reversing camera and “Holden Eye forward facing camera facilitating key features including Forward Collision Alert, Lane Keep Assist, Automatic Emergency Braking and Side Blind Spot Alert to reduce, and in some cases avoid, collision incidents,” Holden said.
The Astra runs a 1.4-litre ECOTEC Direct Injection four-cylinder turbocharged engine making 110kW and 240Nm of torque combined fuel consumption of 5.8L/100km. There’s also a 1.6-litre ECOTEC Direct Injection four-cylinder turbocharged engine producing 147kW and 300Nm of torque.
Holden’s Director of Vehicle Performance, Ian Butler, said Holden and Opel identified efficiencies and similarities in customers’ expectations and vehicle usage and were able to work together to develop a common vehicle setup.
“Holden and Opel share very similar D.N.A. but we still made sure our engineers were involved in developing Astra and setting targets, right from the start of the program,” Butler said.
“We’ve engineered our own unique Australian chassis input which, when combined with the new 1.4-litre and 1.6-litre turbo petrol engine options, we’re confident will excel on the variety of road surfaces in Australia.” Holden hasn’t said what that chassis input is.
2017 Holden Astra Feature Highlights
- 1.4-litre turbo ECOTEC engine
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- 7-inch colour touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Rear View Camera with Rear Park Assist
- Digital Radio
Astra RS (above Astra R)
- 1.6-litre turbo ECOTEC engine
- Passive Entry Push-button Start
- Advanced Park Assist
- Side Blind Spot Alert
- Holden Eye forward facing camera with:
- Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)
- Forward Collision Alert
- Lane Keep Assist
Astra RS-V (above Astra R)
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Leather-appointed, front heated seats
- Heated Steering Wheel
- 8-inch colour touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Embedded satellite navigation
- LED tail lamps
- Dual zone climate control
2017 Holden Astra pricing:
- 1.4L turbo R manual – $21,990+ORC
- 1.4L turbo R automatic – $24,190+ORC
- 1.6L turbo RS manual – $26,490+ORC
- 1.6L turbo RS automatic – $28,690+ORC
- 1.6L turbo RS-V manual – $30,990+ORC
- 1.6L turbo RS-V automatic – $33,190+ORC