2016 Toyota HiLux official accessories range announced
The official accessories range, the most extensive in the model’s history, for the 2016 Toyota HiLux has been announced today.
TOYOTA HAS revealed the full, official accessories range for the 2016 Toyota HiLux claiming that many items are first-time offerings and that the range is the biggest offering from Toyota in the model’s history. The brand has approved more than 60 accessories for the new HiLux, including airbag-compatible bulbar “that maintain the vehicle’s expected five-star safety rating”. Bold statement…
“Toyota Genuine has developed an industry pack to meet the requirements of mining, construction and other industrial users,” Toyota said.
The range includes first-time offerings, like LED work lamps, light bar, mining flag, wheel chocks, reflective stripes, wheel nut indicators, handbrake alert, various tray accessories and prewiring for an in-vehicle monitoring system. Other new accessories include “a snorkel developed with advanced technology to ensure optimum air flow, two types of tool boxes and a bed slide on rollers for easy access to items in the ute body”.
The expanded Toyota Genuine range also includes a redesigned towbar and load distribution hitch “that support the uprated maximum towing capacity for new HiLux of 3.5 tonnes”.
In a win for Aussie businesses, Toyota said that many of the accessories will be exported around the world.
Toyota Australia’s executive director sales and marketing Tony Cramb said HiLux is the most accessorised vehicle in the company’s range.
“The new Toyota Genuine accessory range for HiLux is the result of extensive market research and feedback from customers followed by the most detailed design, development and testing regime we have ever undertaken,” Mr Cramb said.
“Toyota Genuine accessories for HiLux have been exhaustively tested for strength and durability using a combination of finite element analysis and extensive real-world testing. They comply with stringent global quality standards – and they also look great because the design has been integrated perfectly with the new vehicle,” he said.
“Redesigned Toyota Genuine canopies facilitate one-handed opening for the convenience of owners and can be specified with central locking, automotive grade curved glass and integrated lighting while large “gull wing” style windows are available for easy access to the load area,” Toyota said.
Items in the industry pack include:
• Steel tray – newly developed with standard storage/tool box, window protector and mounts for a light bar and flag as well as optional slide-out step, grab rail, quick-release ladder rack, tie-down rings and mounts for a fire extinguisher and spare tyre.
• Commercial steel bull bar – more affordable while maintaining functionality.
• Battery terminal and accessory fuse box – reduced clutter with a single point of access for any accessory requiring power from the vehicle’s battery; 10 separate fuses and a combined output of up to 50 Amps; added fire protection and tested for electrical safety as well as resistance to water, heat and harsh chemicals (standard on 4×4 and Hi-Rider).
• Auxiliary battery kit – allows up to 50 Amps of current to be drawn safely without draining the main battery; vibration, shock and temperature tested; on-board intelligent charger provides safe three-stage charging.
• Battery Isolator Switch – allows easy disconnection of the battery. The integrated design has been tested to meet Toyota’s stringent safety standards.
Toyota Genuine accessories the brand expects to be popular:
• Snorkel – development focused on achieving superior design providing optimal airflow to maintain engine performance.
• Bed slide – for easy access to items in the HiLux ute body. It features a non-slip surface, tie-downs, smooth-rolling rails and an easy-release mechanism with clutch for operating on an incline. Available with side walls, it is rated to 250kg load-carrying capacity.
• Hard tonneau cover – additional security and protection from the elements; dual-skin construction tested for strength, durability and provides dust and water protection; includes lighting, single-handed latch and is available with central locking.
• Soft tonneau cover – attaches with a fuss-free clip system and can be fitted without the need to drill into external body panels.
• Nudge bar – stainless steel tubing; tested in conjunction with the vehicle to ensure correct deployment of airbags in the event of an accident; incorporates an underbody protection plate.
• Ute liner – one-piece heavy duty construction tailor-made for HiLux wraps over the wheel arches and integrates with the vehicle header board. A tailgate liner is also available.
• Canvas seat covers – tough and durable, fully compatible with seat airbags, seatbelt buckles and ISOFIX anchorage points. Tested for resistance to abrasion, pilling, fading and heat ageing, they are easily removed for cleaning.
The range also includes familiar items such as bonnet and headlamp protectors, rear park assist sensors, side steps and roof racks.