2015 Skoda Octavia Scout 4×4 on-sale from $32,990
Skoda has launched the 2015 Skoda Octavia Scout 4×4 in Tasmania with pricing beginning from $32,990+ORC.
SKODA HAS LAUNCHED the 2015 Octavia Scout 4×4 in Tasmania which will go head-to-head with the new Subaru Outback. Available with three engines, punters can choose from an 110kW diesel combined with a six-speed manual transmission or a 135kW diesel or 132kW petrol engine coupled with a six-speed automatic dual clutch [DSG] transmission.
Pricing starts at $32,990 (+ORC) for the 110TDI, $38,590 (+ORC) for the 132TSI and $41,390 (+ORC) for the 135TDI model. The Octavia Scout range brings a new generation Haldex 5 all-wheel drive system, raised ground clearance (171mm, up by 31mm) over the standard Octavia models and unique exterior and interior styling.
The interior of the Octavia Scout 4×4 expands on the design of the standard Octavia range with its own unique badging and trim details. The Octavia Scout 4×4 interior features include standard 5.8-inch “Bolero” touchscreen radio, leather appointed steering wheel, gear-shifter and hand brake lever and chrome inner door handles.
In the higher specifi cation 135TDI and 132TSI models, both receive Alcantara leather appointed seat upholstery, an eight-inch ‘Columbus’ unit with touch screen functionality and satellite navigation, dual zone air conditioning and automatic tailgate as standard equipment.
Looks are great, but what about practicality? Interior length has increased by 33mm to 1782mm, allowing for more front and rear headroom [front: 983mm up from 981mm; rear: 995mm up from 984mm]. Elbow room has also increased significantly, by 39mm to 1454mm in the front and by 26mm to 1,449mm in the rear. The Scout’s shoulder room has also been improved, having been upgraded by 19mm to 1398mm in the front and by 4mm to 1378mm in the rear.
Compared to the existing Octavia Scout, boot volume has grown by eight litres to 588 litres. Folding down the rear seats increases the loading capacity to 1718 litres [previously 1620 litres]. The boot opening is 1070mm in height, 9mm more than the previous model, while the loading sill is a mere 667mm tall, 5mm less than the in previous model.
There are two cost-option packs available:
Premium Pack [Octavia Scout 4×4 110TDI only] $4400
- Touch screen eight-inch ‘Columbus’ satellite navigation system with integrated audio including BlueTooth® audio and streaming, USB, AUX and two SD card slots and eight speakers
- Dual-zone ‘Climatronic’ air conditioning with humidity sensor
- Alcantara leather-appointed seat upholstery
- Heated front seats
- Automatic tailgate opening and closing
- Electrically adjustable, heated and foldable exterior mirrors with environmental lights
- Aluminium fi nish clutch, accelerator and brake pedals
- 17” ‘Polar’ alloy wheels
- Chrome-plated window frame
- Silver roof rails
- Silver side mirrors
- Privacy glass [sun set]
Tech Pack $3,900*
Adaptive Cruise control including Front Assist and City Emergency Brake $3300 [not available with 135TDI]
- Bi-Xenon headlights with Adaptive Frontlight System including integrated headlight washers and LED daytime running lights
- Rear LED lights
- Automatic Parking Assist with front and rear parking sensors
- Premium German Canton sound system with 10 speakers and digital equaliser
- Advanced Keyless Entry including Smart Start [KESSY] and alarm
- Lane Assist
- Driving Mode Selection
Practical Motoring attended the launch of the 2015 Skoda Octavia Scout 4×4 and will have its drive impression online shortly.