Three-door Golf GTI Performance Edition 1 here in August
VW Australia will offer just 150 three-door Golf GTI Performance Edition 1 variants when it goes on-sale in August.
THE THREE-DOOR GOLF GTI is back. To celebrate the launch of the Golf 7.5, VW Australia will offer 150 three-door Golf GTI Performance Edition 1 variants. Pricing will be released this week along with pricing for the full Golf 7.5 line-up.
The launch of the three-door will coincide with the Australian launch of the Golf GTI and Golf R proper.
Our Paul Horrell reviewed the new Golf GTI and Golf R recently and said: “These two Golfs use essentially the same four-cylinder turbo engine, but in different states of boost. Both of them pull gamely through most of the arc of the tacho. The GTI is if anything more responsive at low revs, because the R’s AWD has a flywheel effect. But get the R charging towards (and beyond) its red-line and there’s a definite margin of extra crazed appetite for speed”.
Volskwagen Group Australia Managing Director Michael Bartsch said, “The hot hatch on which all others are implicity based is the Golf GTI. This version is one for the purists.”
Available in either White Silver or Dark Iron Blue metallic paint, the Golf GTI Performance Edition 1 offers equipment above the 169kW GTI:
- 180kW/370Nm 2.0 TSI engine with 7 speed DSG
- Front Differential Lock and larger disc brakes
- 19″ (Brescia) alloy wheels
- Honeycomb microfleece/Leatherette upholstery
- Premium LED tail lights with dynamic indicators
- Active Info Display
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Lane Assist
- Park Assist
- Dynamic Light Assist
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Traffic Alert
- Dark tinted rear and rear side windows
- White Silver Metallic and Dark Iron Blue Metallic paint
Each car comes with a complimentary Merchandise Pack of items from the GTI Collection. Valued at $340 it consists of sport bag, umbrella, cup, folding box and beach towel.