Refreshed Hyundai i30 SR Series II launched
Refreshed 2017 Hyundai i30 SR Series II has been launched here boasting “significant sporty upgrades to the sports-tuned variants of Australia’s reigning top-selling car (March to June)”.
THE REFRESHED 2017 Hyundai i30 SR Series II was launched to Australian media this week (review coming soon) with key updates including 17-inch, grey-metallic machined-face alloy wheels and red-on-black interior with leather-appointed sports bucket seats – Phoenix Orange has been added as an exclusive colour scheme for the i30 SR. “SR variants equipped with Hyundai’s six-speed automatic transmission now come standard with sporty paddle-shifters allowing drivers to select the sequential manual mode without taking their hands off the steering wheel, providing a more engaging driving experience,” Hyundai said.
Inside, dark grey-metallic interior trim highlights replace the previous silver trim highlights in all variants, and the headlining is now black (previously grey). A red push-button start surround trim replaces the previous silver trim surround. A panoramic glass sunroof is now available as a cost option on i30 SR but remains a standard feature on the SR Premium variant.
The i30 SR Series II also boasts locally tuned suspension. And you can read more about what that actually means here. The engine remains unchanged.
Key specification changes over the outgoing i30 Series II SR models:
- 17” alloy wheels finished in dark grey metallic paint with a machined face
- Black/red leather* appointed interior (leather now standard on SR model)
- Front sports bucket seats
- Red inserts on seat bolsters
- Black headlining
- Cloth covered interior A-pillar trims
- Dark grey metallic interior trim highlights
- Red stitching on seats, steering wheel, and front door armrests
- Red push button start trim surround
- Panoramic glass sunroof (optional on SR model, standard on SR Premium)
PRICING (not including on-road costs)
2.0L GDi Petrol
6 Speed Manual
6 Speed Automatic