Mitsubishi announces 2015 Mirage details and price
Mitsubishi has announced specifications and pricing for its 2015 Mirage hatch line-up which lists from $11,490 (+ORC).
MITSUBISHI MOTORS HAS brought its 2015 Mirage hatch inline with its recently released Mirage sedan with new standard features and a starting price of just $11,490 (+ORC). The Mirage hatch now offers the same two model variants as the sedan – entry-level ES and LS.
Mitsubishi says the 2015 Mirage hatch now features the same sound insulation as the sedan, making the 2015 hatch quieter than its 2014-model-year predecessor. “Mitsubishi has fitted Mirage with additional sound insulation in the front and rear floor areas, A pillar, dash panel and front cowl top to promote quiet cabin acoustics.
“Further improvements have been made with a new engine mounting system that minimises engine noise and vibration. It’s comprised of a hydraulic insulator and high rigidity, lightweight cast aluminium bracket, while the transmission mount uses a lightweight and rigid cast steel bracket, which also helps to reduce noise and vibration. The engine itself is also quieter thanks to newly developed loss reduction technology,” a statement read.
In addition to NVH upgrades, Mitsubishi has added new features for 2015 including Emergency Stop Signal (ESS), all black interior trim and short antenna, while LS models gain cruise control and privacy glass. The Mirage hatch also gets a five-year/100,000km warranty, four-year capped price servicing, and roadside assist.
ES standard features:
- All black interior – new;
- Exterior lamps with Emergency Stop Signal (ESS) – new;
- Short type roof antenna – new;
- Luggage room lamp – new;
- 1.2L DOHC MIVEC petrol engine;
- 5-speed manual transmission;
- Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with INVECS III Smart Logic (optional);
- Electric power steering;
- 14-inch wheels;
- Active Stability Control;
- Hill Start Control (CVT only);
- Driver and passenger front airbags;
- Side and curtain airbags;
- Air conditioning;
- Bluetooth phone connectivity with audio streaming and voice control;
- Steering wheel with audio and phone controls;
- AM/FM CD player with USB and auxiliary input;
- Power door mirrors;
- Body colour door handles and mirrors;
- Power windows with driver side auto up and down;
- Driver’s seat with slide, recline and height adjustment;
- Two ISOFIX rear seat child restraints;
- Three tether anchor rear seat child restraints; and
- Child proof rear door locks.
LS standard features over ES:
- Cruise control – new;
- Privacy glass – new;
- Climate control air conditioning;
- Chrome and silver interior accents;
- 15-inch alloy wheels;
- Front fog lamps;
- Colour key rear spoiler;
- High-grade seat material; and
- four Speakers.