Ford to show more than 12 modded Mustangs at SEMA
Ford is planning to show more than a dozen modified 2015 Ford Mustangs at the SEMA show in November with a 540kW V8 from Galpin Auto Sports chief amongst them.
Ford will bring a herd of modified 2015 Mustangs to the SEMA show in November, announcing it was collaborating with Galpin Auto Sports, Petty’s Garage, MRT and “many others”. Indeed, Ford said in a statement it would show more than a dozen custom Mustangs, and they won’t all be tuned 5.0-litre V8s either.
“Expect to see plenty of 5.0-liter V8s roaring around SEMA, but the spotlight will be on the all-new 2.3-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder engine, which provides a whole new platform for experienced turbocharging specialists.
Petty’s Garage will show a Roush supercharged V8 Mustang wearing Richard Petty’s famous blue paint and a discrete No. 43, Petty’s car number in his NASCAR days. The car will be auctioned by Barrett-Jackson with proceeds benefiting Victory Junction, which is dedicated to helping chronically ill children attend summer camp.
Galpin Auto Sports (GAS) is celebrating 50 years of Mustang with its black and gold 2015 Mustang; homage to the Mustang’s Hertz rent-a-car days – well, sort of. Galpin Auto Sports is the tuning arm of the largest Ford dealership in the US. While details are thin-ish, GAS has tweaked the front and rear of the Mustang and the interior too. Under the bonnet, GAS has tweaked the Mustang’s 5.0L V8 to pump out 540kW.
“We like the black and gold idea, and really wanted to get the color as close to 24-carat gold as possible,” said Brandon Boeckmann, GAS operations manager.
“The 20-inch wheels, side sills, brake calipers and badging are all finished in gold. Inside, everything that is normally chrome or metallic has either been blacked-out or given the Midas touch. The Recaro seats are covered with a fabric finished in black and gold, and the headliner is black microsuede. The exterior is finished in paint that may appear black, but on further inspection is filled with gold metallic flecks.”
The MRT TKO Mustang is a street-legal trackday car, oh, and TKO stands for, yep, you guessed it, Technical Knock Out. Working with the 2.3L EcoBoost, TKO has added plenty of aftermarket goods. “The new chassis and powertrain of the 2015 Mustang will be the perfect platform to produce a quick nimble street performer with the occasional track day being the ultimate venue for exploiting its capabilities,” a statement read.
Chassis and Powertrain:
- Air Lift performance suspension with MRT tuned chassis;
- Vortech Air to Air Inter Cooler;
- New MRT Stainless Steel Exhaust, true to the MRT brand – a high performance stainless steel down pipe and complete 3 inch stainless exhaust;
- MRT Modified Performance Pac 4 piston, 14 inch rotor upgrade;
- New MRT Brake ducts;
- 20 X 9.5 inch front and 20 X 10 inch rear Forgiato Need for Speed Wheels;
- BFG Rival tires (265/35/20 front 285/35/20 rear);
- JMS Boost Max boost controller;
- JMS Pedal Max accelerator pedal map devise; and
- SCT Custom Tune.
- MRT Custom hood with heat extractors;
- MRT custom paint effects;
- Shadow tinted glass;
- Hitechfx Carbon Fiber Affects;
- 3D Carbon rear spoiler;
- New MRT Front upper and lower grill; and
- New MRT splitter.
- Racetech seats (driver and passenger side);
- Racetech Race harnesses (driver and passenger side); and
- Kicker Audio system.