2017 Holden Trailblazer revealed… on-sale in October
The formerly-known-as Colorado 7 is now the 2017 Holden Trailblazer and it goes on sale in October.
THE 2017 HOLDEN TRAILBLAZER takes the formula set by the Colorado 7, it’s former name, of being a rugged family-oriented rough roader and adds some of the clever infotainment it’s rolling out in the rest of its range. And where this car was previously comparable to its virtual twin-under-the-skin Isuzu MU-X it’s now stepped ahead of that car, at least as far as creature comforts are concerned.
Going on-sale in October (no pricing has been released), the new Trailblazer, according to Holden’s sales boss, Peter Keley: “…blends premium styling with impressive in-car technology, both in terms of connectivity and active safety features.
“The 2017 Trailblazer looks great and drives better than ever. To be able to add all of the content we have without adding significantly to the price is a real win for our customers.
“We’re also focused on providing support and peace of mind for our customers throughout the life of their vehicle with our Lifetime Capped Price Service program and our Australian based Customer Care,” said Keley.
The exterior you can see for yourself in the pictures, but it’s on the inside where the key changes have taken place. The redesigned interior includes premium heated leather seats with contrast stitching, fresh new dash and updated centre console design. Additionally, Trailblazer boasts a new eight-inch colour touch screen, with the Holden MyLink infotainment system and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity. Of course, the above depends on the variant, and we’ve got a full model rundown below.
“Adding to interior cabin comfort, remote vehicle start allows Trailblazer to reach a comfortable cabin temperature before passengers climb in. The technology offering is further bolstered with rear park assist and reversing cameras standard across the range, whilst the top of the range LTZ steps it up again with front park assist and forward collision alert,” Holden said in a statement.
Awarded a five star ANCAP safety rating, Trailblazer offers a raft of active and passive safety features including additional driver’s knee airbag, Hill Start Assist, Trailer Sway Control and Hill Descent Control. Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert are added to LTZ models.
Holden recently revealed the local development work carried out on both the Trailblazer and its ute sibling, the Colorado. The work included some minor suspension and steering tuning on Australian roads as well as changes to engine dampers and transmission tweaks on the manual, which is a good start.
Holden’s Lead Dynamics Engineer, Rob Trubiani, said customers’ lifestyles were central to the engineering objectives for the new Trailblazer.
“Trailblazer is such a versatile car, used for anything from weekday grocery runs to weekend 4×4 driving adventures so we had to ensure it performed in a variety of situations and terrains,” he said.
Holden Trailblazer Range and Feature Highlights
- 2.8L Duramax diesel engine
- 6-speed automatic transmission
- 17” alloy wheels with full size spare
- New MyLink infotainment system:
- 7” colour touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay & Android Auto Phone Projection
- Electric Power Steering (EPS)
- Rear park assist with Reverse Camera
- LED Daytime Running Lamps (DRLs)
- 7 Airbags (Driver, Pass., Fr. Seats, Curtain, Driver Knee)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) System
- Hill Start Assist (HSA) & Trailer Sway Control (TSC)
- Hill Descent Control (HDC)
- Remote window operation (via keyfob)
LTZ highlights over LT:
- 18” alloy wheels with full size spare (machined face)
- New MyLink infotainment system:
- 8” colour touchscreen
- Integrated satellite navigation
- Integrated voice recognition
- Remote vehicle start via keyfob
- Leather appointed seat trim with heated front seats
- Front park assist
- Electronic Climate Control
- Forward Collision Alert (FCA)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Side Blind Zone Alert (SBZA)
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- LED tail lights
- Heated and power folding exterior mirrors
- Electrochromatic (light sensitive) rear view mirror
- Rain sensing windscreen wipers
- Chrome exterior details