2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport price announced
Land Rover has announced pricing for the 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport with the entry-level TD4 SE manual kicking off at $53,300 (+ORC). It goes on-sale in May.
THE NEWEST entry into the Land Rover family, the Discovery Sport will go on-sale in Australia from May with prices starting from $53,300 (+ORC) and up to $69,000 (+ORC). The Discovery Sport is able to accommodate seven people via its 5+2 configuration and effectively takes over from the Freelander2.
Powering the Discovery Sport are two versions of the same 2.2-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel which make either 110kW or 140kW and 420Nm of torque, while a 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol engine (177kW) will also be available, it will be offered only with a nine-speed automatic transmission, while the diesels will also get a six-speed manual transmission. Autonomous Emergency Braking will be fitted as standard.
All variants are four-wheel drive and feature Land Rover’s clever Terrain Response system which offers four settings: General; Grass/Gravel/Snow (for slippery conditions on- and off-road); Mud and Ruts, and Sand as well as an optional Dynamic Mode. Supporting technologies include:
- Hill Descent Control (HDC) maintains a set speed while negotiating steep inclines off-road;
- Gradient Release Control (GRC) progressively releases the brakes when moving away on an incline for maximum control;
- Roll Stability Control (RSC) designed to detect the onset of a rollover and applies the brakes to the outer wheels to bring the vehicle under control;
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) corrects oversteer and understeer by reducing engine torque and/or applying brakes to individual wheels;
- Electronic Traction Control (ETC) reduces torque and/or applies a braking force to individual wheels to prevent wheelspin; and
- Engine Drag Torque Control (EDC) helps to prevent lock-up under heavy engine braking in slippery conditions by increasing engine torque to the affected wheels.
“The Discovery Sport is the perfect vehicle for the Australian terrain and climate,” said Michael Winkler Jaguar Land Rover Australia Managing Director. “Not only is it capable and luxurious, its price point makes it available to even more Australians who want to enter the compact premium SUV market.”
The Land Rover Discovery Sport will offer a comprehensive range of cost options, including:
- Black Pack: a gloss-black grille, door mirror caps, front fender vents, hood and tailgate lettering and a choice of 19- or 20-inch alloy wheel designs;
- Contrast roof in Santorini Black or Corris Grey that extends to the base of the A-pillars;
- A range of seven distinctive alloy wheel designs – including the striking Aero Viper – is available with a selection of Silver or Gloss Black finish, depending on wheel design;
- Front and rear undershields, together with tubular stainless-steel side steps with a highly polished finish, underscore the vehicle’s all-terrain capability. Noble-silver painted door-mirror caps complement the look;
- Full panoramic roof with a dark tint and a special surface treatment for solar protection makes the cabin feel even more spacious. A power-retracting shade offers additional sun shielding; and
- Available accessory luggage compartment rails create a highly configurable luggage area, and can be specified in conjunction with a Retention Kit featuring a telescopic crossbeam and retractable band to secure loose items.
Also available as dealer accessories:
- Headrest-mounted iPad holders for rear-seat passengers feature quick-release for added security;
- A centre armrest cooler/warmer box finished in premium leather provides convenient storage for food and drinks and maintains items at a desired temperature;
- A full range of rubber mats and liners help to protect carpets and the luggage compartment from mud and wear-and-tear under heavy use; and
- A range of towing features, available as accessories, includes a detachable towing system and fixed-height tow bar.
2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport pricing:
TD4 SE M $53,300 (+ORC)
TD4 SE A $55,800 (+ORC)
SD4 SE M $56,500 (+ORC)
SD4 SE A $59,000 (+ORC)
TD4 HSE M $57,900 (+ORC)
TD4 HSE A $60,400 (+ORC)
SI4 SE A $59,000 (+ORC)
SD4 HSE M $61,100 (+ORC)
SD4 HSE A $63,600 (+ORC)
SD4 HSE Luxury M $66,500 (+ORC)
SD4 HSE Luxury A $69,000 (+ORC)