2015 Lexus RC F review
Robert Pepper’s 2015 Lexus RC F review with pricing, specs, ride and handling, safety, verdict and rating.
On the outside
Room & Practicality
On the inside
Performance, ride and handling
- Automatic – selects gears 1 to 8
- Manual – you choose the gears
- Snow – for slippery surfaces
- Eco – because you need that in a near two-tonne V8. Does things like controls the aircon to use less fuel, changes auto shift points and so on. It is, as all such things are, as useful as an icecube in a swimming pool.
- Sport – changes throttle sensitivity, traction control, steering feel. Starts to use the G-meter to help assess the correct gear select.
- Sport+ – as above and modifies the VDIM (Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management – stability control, traction control, steering) and so on. Disables the pre-crash system (PCS).
- Traction control off – short press of the button. You will never need to do this. Forget it exists.
- Stability control off – long press. This disables stability control and brake traction control. You may now drift the car. This is also known as Expert mode, or “I hope you can handle 351kW through the rear wheels mode”.
(you may wish to read this on the difference between stability control and traction control)
- Slalom – enhanced steering response
- Track – stability at speed
Pricing & Equipment
2015 lexus RC F
PRICE : $ 133,000 (+ORC)
WARRANTY : 4 years / 100,000 km
SAFETY : not ancap tested
ENGINE : 5L V8 nA
POWER : 351 kW at 7100 rpm
TORQUE : 530 Nm 4800 – 5600 rpm
0-100km/h : 4.5 seconds
TRANSMISSION : 8 speed automatic
DRIVE : rear drive with torque vectoring differential
BODY : 4705 mm (L); 1845 mm (W), 1390 mm (H)
TURNING CIRCLE : 10.8 m
WEIGHT : 1860 kg
TOWING : N/A
FUEL TANK : 66 litres
SPARE : repair kit
THIRST : 10.9 L/100km ADR81/02 combined cycle
FUEL : 98 RON
2015 Lexus RCF Photo Gallery: Driving
2015 Lexus RCF Photo Gallery: Detail
Lexus RC F TV ad
Here is a test which Lexus say proves the RC F is quicker and handles better than the RS5 and M4.
I would like to know more about this test because it appears to have been arranged by Lexus. Draw your own conclusions. Regardless, rapid does not necessarily equal fun.