Nissan Navara NP300 bullbars – what’s available?
The aftermarket industry is never slow to react to the release of a new big eight ute. So, here’s the bullbars available for the 2015 Nissan NP300 Navara.
Bullbar buying tips:
- Any bullbar for these vehicles must be airbag-compatible.
- Steel are the strongest but the heaviest
- Ensure yours has a winch mount even if you don’t intend to fit one now – you may later, and resale will be better.
- You will very likely need to fit stiffer springs and appropriate shocks to the front for the extra weight, then balance at the rear.
- You might want to get siderails (as shown in all photos below). Have these done the same time as the bar. Not all bars have siderail options.
- It is best to use a bridle to equalise (but not halve) the recovery load on the bullbar’s recovery points.
- Make sure the bar has sufficient mount points for your lights, antennas, sand flags etc.
- Steel bars can be colour-coded for extra cost, but often it’s better to go for a contrast colour such as black. Take a look at the TJM and ARB cars below and pick your preference.
- If your have a top-end car with something like forward facing parking sensors and radar cruise control ensure those features work correctly with the bar fitted. Not all will preserve those features!
- Make sure the bar is road-legal. It has to conform to the body of the vehicle. All the bars below are road-legal. Others on the market may not be.
Read our review of Ironman’s NP300 Navara.
Three different styles:
Dobinsons have reported a bullbar is available but we can’t find any images.
Don’t miss our review of NP300 and stay tuned for more updates on the ute market.