BMW X2 range expands to three variants from $49,900+ORC
The BMW X2 range launched less than a month ago and now two more variants will join the family mid-year, priced from $49,900+ORC.
THE BMW X2 launched in Australia in March with BMW coy on when the range would be filled out. Less than a month after the launch of that first variant, the X2 sDrive20i ($55,900+ORC), the entry-level sDrive18i ($49,900+ORC) and the tops-spec xDrive20d ($59,900+ORC) have been announced as the final pieces in the puzzle. The two new models are expected to arrive here around the middle of the year.
Read our launch review of the BMW X2.
“We have already seen strong interest in the X2, both via initial media reviews as well as in the dealerships and on our website,” said BMW Group Australia CEO, Marc Werner.
“Now we have taken the opportunity to fill out the range, offering a strong entry offering in the sDrive18i, as well as the xDrive20d, a turbo-diesel, all-wheel drive range topper.
The sDrive18i offers a 1.5-litre three-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine making 103kW and 220Nm of torque. This is mated to a seven-speed DCT. The xDrive20d is all-wheel drive with a 2.0-litre turbo-diesel four-cylinder engine making 140kW and 400Nm of torque. This is mated to an eight-speed automatic.
The X2 sDrive18i’s standard equipment list includes:
- 18-inch light alloy wheels
- LED headlights with cornering lights
- LED Fog Lights
- High-beam Assist
- Rain sensor
- Automatic tailgate operation
- Sensatec interior upholstery
- Interior trim in Oxide Silver dark matte with Black high-gloss trim finishers
- Sport leather steering wheel with multi-function buttons
- Storage compartment package with 12V power sockets in rear centre console
- Air conditioning
- Park distance control, front and rear
- Cruise control with braking function
- Rear view camera
- Parking Assistant
- Driving Assistant, including speed limit info, lane departure warning and forward collision warning
- Real-time Traffic Information
- Foldable second-row seats with 40:20:40 split
- Six-speaker stereo
- DAB digital radio
- Satellite navigation
- 5-inch colour touchscreen infotainment
- Seven-speed dual-clutch transmission
The X2 xDrive20d shares specification with the sDrive20i launch variant. In addition to the sDrive18i, they offer:
M Sport X package (M Sport package is a no-cost option)
- Seven-speed sports dual-clutch transmission (20i)
- Eight-speed sports automatic transmission (20d)
- 19-inch M light alloy wheels
- ‘Hexagon’ Alcantara Anthracite cloth upholstery with yellow contrast stitching
- Sports seats for driver and front passenger
- BMW Individual Anthracite headliner
- BMW Individual high-gloss Shadow Line
- M Sport suspension
- M leather steering wheel
- Automatic air-conditioning
- Interior lights package
- Interior rear-view mirror with anti-dazzle function