150kW 2017 Hyundai Elantra SR Turbo priced from $28,990+ORC
The 150kW 2017 Hyundai Elantra SR Turbo will launch here this month and be priced from $28,990+ORC – it will sit at the top of the Elantra tree.
THE 2017 HYUNDAI ELANTRA SR TURBO the Korean car maker’s “most dynamic Elantra yet” will offer 150kW and 265Nm of torque (1500-4500rpm) from its 1.6-litre T-GDi turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine. This engine will be mated to either a six-speed manual ($28,990+ORC) or a seven-speed dual clutch transmission with steering-mounted paddle shifters ($31,290+ORC).
With suspension tuned here in Australia, a bodykit and an arms-length specifications list, Hyundai has high hopes for the sporty Elantra. Practical Motoring will be attending the local launch of the Elantra SR Turbo, so, stay tuned for our first impressions.
“Significantly, Elantra SR Turbo marks the Australian debut of the independent rear suspension (IRS) version of the all-new platform underpinning the next-generation i30 unveiled at this year’s Paris Motor Show and due here in the second quarter of 2017,” Hyundai said.
Elantra SR Turbo’s platform adds larger front brakes (up 25mm and 2mm thicker) and faster and more engaging steering – the steering is electric assist and offers three modes: Normal, Sport and Eco. Elantra SR Turbo offers Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Other key features include black interior headlining, twin exhaust tips, sporty Bi-Xenon headlights and new sports seats with optional red leather colour trim.
Key specifications above Elantra Active and Elite models:
- 1.6 Turbo-GDi engine (+38kW & 73Nm)
- 17-inch twin-spoke alloy wheels
- Larger front brake discs (+25mm diameter/+2mm thickness)
- Multi-link independent suspension with bespoke Australian sports-tuned dynamics.
- Drive Mode Select (DCT only) – Normal, Sport & Eco modes
- Sensory Safety features including:
- Blind Spot Detection (BSD)
- Lane Change Assist (LCA)
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Front parking assist system (4 sensors)
- Twin exhaust tips
- HID Bi-Xenon headlights (sports design)
- Sports body kit (front/rear bumpers, side skirts, radiator grille)
- Sports tail-light design
- Alloy sports pedals
- Black headlining
- Carbon-fibre effect dashboard/door inserts
- Dark charcoal metallic painted dash panels and door handles
- Red-stitched interior upholstery
- Sports front bucket seats with extended bolsters and ‘Sport’ logos
- Sports steering wheel (flat-bottomed) and supervision cluster
- Electrically adjustable driver’s seat (10-way including lumbar)
- Heated front seats
- Power-operated sunroof
- Steering-wheel mounted paddle-shifters (DCT only)
- USB power outlet in centre floor console storage compartment
- Distinctive new exterior colours exclusive to Elantra SR Turbo: Sparkling Metal, Phoenix Orange and Blazing Yellow
- Optional: Red leather upholstery